Friday, 24 October 2008

Christmas Ornament work in progress and new purchases







I decided to treat my self to some Prairie Schooler Autumn Patterns and some lovely silk thread by Dinky Dyes, I just love using silk thread! The work in progress is a My Big Toe Designs Christmas Ornament from the Just Cross Stitch Ornaments Magazine 2008, stitched 1 over 1 on 25 count Dublin Lugana using DMC threads 315, 520 and 803. I am also stitching a Christmas Ornament for the Hooked on Exchange Group Too but I cannot post a picture until it has been received by my partner.

I have only just started using linen and I would really appreciate some tips. I would love to know what everyone's favourite linen fabric is, what stitch count you like best and if there is any particular color that you could not do without? I have heard that Legacy Linen is really nice to work with but I don't think I can get it in the United Kingdom. Does anyone particularly use this make?


Any comments greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

La Bergère Brodeuse said...

Great purchases! I like very much your ornament! You have done a good job with it! I never stitched any of "My Big Toe" designs by I'm waiting for "Serenity Prayer" to arrive in the mail anytime soon. I love her design and I surely will stitch this particular ornament before Christmas!!!

Regarding linen, I'm more an evenwave kind of stitcher than linen, but time to time I use it, in particular when I want an antique feel to the project. Mostly, I use raw linen in that case. I prefer 28 counts but 32 counts is more easy to find (at least for me)!

Aviva said...

972lovely blog and great work.

Aviva
from Israel

Makes so far in January and February 2017

Makes so far in January and February 2017

Makes so far in January and February 2017

Makes so far in January and February 2017
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...