Saturday, 6 December 2008

Miniature stitched piece

Hi everyone, I thought I would show a picture of something not connected to Christmas in this post. I have stitched 1 over 1 on 25 Cream Dublin Lugana linen using DMC thread number 115, it is a Mon ami Pierre free pattern, unfortunately it is no longer available. 
I am unsure what to make with it yet, maybe a tin topper or a mini pin keep?
I am currently working on some more Ornaments, I have just started on my first Prairie Schooler Christmas Ornament and I was looking at one of my Paula Vaughan work in progress, the Porch Swing, it looks really nice, I shall post a picture later.
I have shown here the stitching lamp I use when stitching on linen because quite a few people have commented that they find the holes too small, I could not stitch on linen if I did not use this magnifying lamp, what a difference it makes. You can clip it on your stitching hoop, however I do not always use a hoop so I clip mine to a folder placed on my knee.

Happy Stitching!

7 comments:

Jill said...

Your 1 over 1 is beautiful. I love the look of 1 over 1. It is so delicate.
Have a great weekend! :)

Cindy F. said...

It's beautiful! Can't wait to see how you finish it:)

Lisa said...

Love your miniature and your magnifier set up.

Margaret said...

Love the little stitching lady. She's a cutie - and in my favourite red!

CT said...

Lynn..I also use mag. glass when I stitch on linen. They are so handy!! Enjoy ur stitching!

Olenka's Stitches said...

Your miniature lamp looks very convenient. I love your big projects and this over one piece is so lovely too!

Catherine said...

Congrats to Lynn!!

Makes so far in January and February 2017

Makes so far in January and February 2017

Makes so far in January and February 2017

Makes so far in January and February 2017
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...