Thursday, 28 July 2011

The smell of lavender dances around my home!

Today I took delivery of a some lovely dried lavender buds, I could smell them as the postperson handed them to me, when I opened the box the aroma danced around my house and reminded me of standing in a field in Provence, which is exactly where these lavender buds were grown!   

I have always loved the smell of lavender and the little bags that can be made to hang in your bedroom or craft room, so I decided to make this sweet little bag and fill it with these beautiful buds. Each time I passed the needle through the fabric I awoke the scent inside and it was gorgeous. These piilows feel so soft and nice with this filling inside instead of using fibrefill, I can highly recommend using these buds.
 
You can get this lavender from me as a special order, please email me from my about me page.

32 count murano linen fabric, mill hill beads and DMC threads 
I used lightweight iron on interfacing on the reverse side of the linen to give the fabric 
some support.   
I will be announcing the winner of my brooch giveaway on Monday 1st August 2011 and then a few days later I will publish my third anniversary giveaway, I am hoping you like it as much as I do!
I will give you all a clue:

Ooooo la la and Paris!

Thankyou to everyone who has kindly left me a comment and become a follower, I really appreciate it!

Until next time, happy stitching!   

30 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh how lovely! Love the bag, and I love lavender too!

Lana said...

Omgosh! thsoe pillows are beautiful!! Lovely Post! I could practically smell the lavendar scent dancing out of my computer!!=)

Kellie said...

Beautiful and timeless as always!

Cheryl De Beer said...

There s truly nothing that smell as wonderful as Lavender! Love the little bag you have made, too cute.

Ellen said...

Lovely sachet! I too love the smell of lavender, especially in my closet.

Hugs,

Sandrajay: said...

I love your little bag. It is cute!

Beth said...

Lavender was my mother's favorite scent, and I love it as well. We grow lavender in our garden and hang it to dry over the winter.

Michele said...

oh that is pretty! love lavender :)

Becky K in OK said...

Love the pillow.

Lillie said...

Loved the color!

Ninu said...

Love!

Alacelover said...

¡What a lovely bag!. This summer, as near my home grow savage lavander, I am going to pick it up for filling the bags I´m going to do. Thanks for shareing it.

mdgtjulie said...

I love the smell of Lavender. It's just wonderful. I bet your whole house smells good now! Like the little pillow too. It's cute!

martine290 said...

c'est vraiment très beau, bravo à toi, j'aime beaucoup la finition
bonne journée
martine

Mouse said...

love lavender too .. have mine from my bush drying in my craft room :) .. cute little bag too :) love mouse xxxx

Akila said...

OOoohhh, that is such a pretty bag for the lavender buds. I would like to make one too. But how do you make the bag a re-fill able one, when the smell wears off?
Thanks for your responses to my queries :)

Lynn said...

Your lavender pillow is gorgeous! I love the scent of lavender too and I picked up two bags of the buds at a craft market during our vacation. I hope to stitch up something soon to put them in.

Val said...

Lovely bag ! I also love lavender coming from Norfolk (UK) where it is also grown at Heacham :)

Nancy said...

Lovely lavender pillow!

nati said...

precioso!!

me encanta la lavanda!!

nati

annemarie said...

Lavendar is a favorite of mine and your linen bag is adorable.

Kahlan said...

I really admire your imagination!

canelussaka said...

Es realmente ELEGANTE!!! BESOS

Tatkis said...

Beautiful lavender pillow! Oh, I just love the smell!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Teena in Toronto said...

I love the smell of lavender.

Happy blogoversary :)

Sally said...

Your lavender bag is so pretty. I absolutely love the smell of lavender.

ZMIERZCH LUNY said...

Kocham wszystko co lavendowe.

CristinaLopes said...

Simply charming! The simplicity of the bag gives you all the charm! =)

{ Sorry for any spelling mistake, but my English is very bad! }

Kiss*

Solstitches said...

Your lavender bag is very pretty Lynn.
I wish my screen was scratch and sniff as I know it must smell heavenly :)
Hugs,
Margaret

nádya said...

Your lavender pochet is just sooo lovely and aromatic!!!! I loved it!!!
Nádya

Makes so far in January and February 2017

Makes so far in January and February 2017

Makes so far in January and February 2017

Makes so far in January and February 2017
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...