Sunday, 6 October 2013

A girl can never have too many shoes stitchery

Hi everyone, here is my latest stitching design that I have been working on, I have made it into a small pouch for stitching supplies or it could be used as a small gift. I will have the stitchery pattern available  to download on my next Freebie Friday post. I  have also designed a shoe that can be cross stitched and both patterns will be available later this week together with some shoe gift tags.

This is the first time I have made one of these pouches, when I make it again I will put another band of fabric under 'too many shoes' to improve the appearance of the bag. I used iron on fleece (Pellon) to give the bag some support.

Stitching news
I have not done much stitching on Santas Village but hopefully I will catch up with that soon.
I have also been making another box and that will be available over the next week or so, think vintage lace, silk and embroidery!  

This week I received a lovely email from  a lady called Mary (no blog) she kindly sent me photographs of a toblerone she made using my  tutorial. I think Mary has done herself proud as she has made a beautiful toblerone using a Plum Street cross stitch pattern. You can see the photos below.
Congratulations Mary on such a wonderful finish!





Blue work in progress
 I had just steam pressed the fabric and then I wrote the words on too quickly and the words bled - oops!
I hope the thread covers the lines!  


Mary's toblerone



7 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finishes.

Linda

Lisa T said...

Great project & the saying is so true, isn't it? :)

Mary did a beautiful job on the toblerone. I love the colors, so great for fall. Thank you for sharing.

Hugs,
Lisa

moreofhim said...

Love your bag! SO cute! I also love what Mary did. Such an inspiration for me to stick with my stitching. The end result is so worth it!
Thank you for sharing!

Blessings - Julie

cucki said...

sweet x

Kate said...

Lynne, love that shoe design! Funnily, when I was stitching the parasols I was thinking about a shoe to go with it although I was thinking along the lines of a leg in mesh stockings with a garter and wearing a high heel .... too daring?!?!?! Must have been the red beads that I added to my parasol. :D
Mary's toblerone is quite lovely.

Patti-Rocky Mtn Stitcher said...

Ah better words have never been written! Its adorable.

ghemulet said...

True! :D

Makes so far in January and February 2017

Makes so far in January and February 2017

Makes so far in January and February 2017

Makes so far in January and February 2017
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...